I met Malinda at the Riverlodge Bridal Fair in January. She booked her wedding soon after. Malinda decided she wanted to shoot her engagement session in Trinidad on the beach. I had so much fun with this couple! We met at College Cove in Trinidad where we frolicked on the beaches, climbed on top of sharp rocks and had fun playing around on the beach. It was a beautiful day with barely any wind. As the time for sunset neared, we hustled up the grueling incline trail from College Cove and got to Trinidad State Beach as the sun was beginning it’s descent into the horizon. We ended up with an epic sunset. This was one of my favorite engagement sessions, and I can’t wait to shoot their Beau Pre Golf Course later this month!
Engagement session season is in full swing and I have some engagement sessions coming up that I am SO excited to shoot! : ) One of the toughest part of engagement sessions is figuring out what location you want to do them at.
If you are the dynamic duo type that loves beautiful sunsets, the sound of waves crashing along a shoreline and the feel of soft sand beneath your feet, you might consider a beach for your engagement session. Spring might be in the air but summer is just around the corner! Sandy shores are a great destination but pristine beaches really are an ideal spot for a truly romantic engagement sessions.
Beaches with breathtaking panoramic ocean views such as Black Sands in the remote and romantic location of Shelter Cove CA , create the ultimate setting for a perfect beach engagement. If you are looking for the perfect backdrop setting of an unforgettable proposal, consider exploring the rugged Lost Coast!
I am so excited that John and Danielle's picture made the front cover of the Times Standard Ever After wedding magazine! Their wedding was one of my all time favorites! Let me tell you the story.
I was organizing my new classroom in the middle of August, when Danielle called me about photographing her intimate destination beach wedding in Shelter Cove in September. Of course I said yes. : ) I am used to shooting a full wedding day: from the many details leading up to the wedding, all the way into the reception. It was such a nice change just shooting a simple ceremony, with the focus on the couple and their love for each other.
It was a Monday in September. I had been teaching all day and left right after school and drove the windy Briceland Road to meet John and Danielle at the site of their ceremony. Like many couples who elope or have small intimate weddings, they arrived a couple days early to scope out the perfect spot to tie the knot. Little Black Sands Beach was where they knew they had to get married. They chose a great spot! John and Danielle were so kind, welcoming, and laid back and we immediately clicked (no pun intended). We ventured down the beach and began the sweet and romantic ceremony. The wind was blowing like crazy, but beyond that everything was perfect. They had a sweet and simple ceremony attended by two friends. They signed their marriage license and then we spent some time shooting their couples photos on the beach. John and Danielle were complete naturals in front of the camera. Pair that with this gorgeous Shelter Cove beach, an insanely beautiful day, and strong winds to add some dramatic elements, and you get some amazing pictures like these. This was easily the best Monday of my life. : )
For those of you who don’t know me, I am a Humboldt County girl through and through. I recently traveled on my dream location to Kauai and after exploring the beautiful island, I realized how truly lucky those of us living in Humboldt County really are. We live in an amazing place that is a photographers dream.
As my business has grown I have had the chance to explore all the way from the beautiful mountain tops of Southern Humboldt to the foggy beaches of Trinidad and realized it is one of the best counties to get engagement photos taken.
Today I am going to be sharing with you some of my favorite Humboldt County engagement locations.
- The Redwoods.-I mean we are talking about the Redwoods. Tourists travel from thousands of miles away just to catch a glimpse of them. There is just something magical when you are standing in a quiet Redwood Forest filled with light.
- Ranch- Engagement shoots should reflect your personality and there’s nothing like a ranch setting for that country living girl. Barns, the sun shining... I mean who could ask for more?
- Mountain- Standing at the top of a mountain with an amazing view is such a spiritual experience and cuddling and dancing with the love of your life just makes it that more serene and romantic.
- Beach- not only are we blessed with amazing redwood forests and mountain ridges, we also have beautiful beaches. (Even on a foggy day)
- Park- if you want to keep it simple you can meet at a local park and just cuddle and play with each other.
- Golden Hour- This isn’t a location, but it is an added bonus to any location. This is a favorite of mine when it comes to engagement session or any session for that matter. There's nothing like golden light shining through your back lit hair. hour, sun flares and romantic embraces. Can it get more romantic?
I have summed up some of my favorite Humboldt County engagement locations. I hope it helped!