I met Malinda at the Riverlodge Bridal Fair in January. She booked her wedding soon after. Malinda decided she wanted to shoot her engagement session in Trinidad on the beach. I had so much fun with this couple! We met at College Cove in Trinidad where we frolicked on the beaches, climbed on top of sharp rocks and had fun playing around on the beach. It was a beautiful day with barely any wind. As the time for sunset neared, we hustled up the grueling incline trail from College Cove and got to Trinidad State Beach as the sun was beginning it’s descent into the horizon. We ended up with an epic sunset. This was one of my favorite engagement sessions, and I can’t wait to shoot their Beau Pre Golf Course later this month!
Everyone knows that buying a home is a huge accomplishment, Anthony figured out a way to make it even better by proposing to Jillian on the front porch of their new home while she held those new keys in her hand.
Fast forward to last October when we headed to College Cove in Trinidad to shoot their engagement photos. The foggy day helped create a dreamy, romantic session.
Humboldt beaches can be chilly, and Anthony and Jillian spent some time snuggling up to keep each other warm.
For their wedding day in one month, this beautiful couple is heading to Baywood Golf Course. I have no doubts that it’s going to be a beautiful day full of sunshine, love and happiness!
For those of you who don’t know me, I am a Humboldt County girl through and through. I recently traveled on my dream location to Kauai and after exploring the beautiful island, I realized how truly lucky those of us living in Humboldt County really are. We live in an amazing place that is a photographers dream.
As my business has grown I have had the chance to explore all the way from the beautiful mountain tops of Southern Humboldt to the foggy beaches of Trinidad and realized it is one of the best counties to get engagement photos taken.
Today I am going to be sharing with you some of my favorite Humboldt County engagement locations.
- The Redwoods.-I mean we are talking about the Redwoods. Tourists travel from thousands of miles away just to catch a glimpse of them. There is just something magical when you are standing in a quiet Redwood Forest filled with light.
- Ranch- Engagement shoots should reflect your personality and there’s nothing like a ranch setting for that country living girl. Barns, the sun shining... I mean who could ask for more?
- Mountain- Standing at the top of a mountain with an amazing view is such a spiritual experience and cuddling and dancing with the love of your life just makes it that more serene and romantic.
- Beach- not only are we blessed with amazing redwood forests and mountain ridges, we also have beautiful beaches. (Even on a foggy day)
- Park- if you want to keep it simple you can meet at a local park and just cuddle and play with each other.
- Golden Hour- This isn’t a location, but it is an added bonus to any location. This is a favorite of mine when it comes to engagement session or any session for that matter. There's nothing like golden light shining through your back lit hair. hour, sun flares and romantic embraces. Can it get more romantic?
I have summed up some of my favorite Humboldt County engagement locations. I hope it helped!