Katie contacted me about shooting her July wedding at Rosina Vineyards. She wanted to have her engagement session include some sunflowers to use for wedding decor. I found the most beautiful aisle of flowers that was the perfect backdrop for their photos! It was the perfect backdrop for their photos. Curtis has us both laughing the entire time. I don’t think I have ever laughed so hard at a session before!
I had done Kristina’s senior photos a couple of years ago, so I was stoked when she asked me to do some couples photos for her and her boyfriend. They wanted a location in the Redwoods along the Avenue of the Giants. It was during the early winter so it was a little darker, but we created some images that some said look like the movie “Twilight” They also brought their fur baby and we created some fun Christmas images for them. 😀 What is stopping you from scheduling a couples session?
Everyone knows that buying a home is a huge accomplishment, Anthony figured out a way to make it even better by proposing to Jillian on the front porch of their new home while she held those new keys in her hand.
Fast forward to last October when we headed to College Cove in Trinidad to shoot their engagement photos. The foggy day helped create a dreamy, romantic session.
Humboldt beaches can be chilly, and Anthony and Jillian spent some time snuggling up to keep each other warm.
For their wedding day in one month, this beautiful couple is heading to Baywood Golf Course. I have no doubts that it’s going to be a beautiful day full of sunshine, love and happiness!
For those of you who don’t know me, I am a Humboldt County girl through and through. I recently traveled on my dream location to Kauai and after exploring the beautiful island, I realized how truly lucky those of us living in Humboldt County really are. We live in an amazing place that is a photographers dream.
As my business has grown I have had the chance to explore all the way from the beautiful mountain tops of Southern Humboldt to the foggy beaches of Trinidad and realized it is one of the best counties to get engagement photos taken.
Today I am going to be sharing with you some of my favorite Humboldt County engagement locations.
- The Redwoods.-I mean we are talking about the Redwoods. Tourists travel from thousands of miles away just to catch a glimpse of them. There is just something magical when you are standing in a quiet Redwood Forest filled with light.
- Ranch- Engagement shoots should reflect your personality and there’s nothing like a ranch setting for that country living girl. Barns, the sun shining... I mean who could ask for more?
- Mountain- Standing at the top of a mountain with an amazing view is such a spiritual experience and cuddling and dancing with the love of your life just makes it that more serene and romantic.
- Beach- not only are we blessed with amazing redwood forests and mountain ridges, we also have beautiful beaches. (Even on a foggy day)
- Park- if you want to keep it simple you can meet at a local park and just cuddle and play with each other.
- Golden Hour- This isn’t a location, but it is an added bonus to any location. This is a favorite of mine when it comes to engagement session or any session for that matter. There's nothing like golden light shining through your back lit hair. hour, sun flares and romantic embraces. Can it get more romantic?
I have summed up some of my favorite Humboldt County engagement locations. I hope it helped!